Tuesday, November 23, 2021

My New Paperback Anthology is Out!

Behold, my new paperback anthology is out now on Amazon! It's called Religion's Travesty of God

This was originally meant to be my ultimate volume on religion, the comprehensive new atheist book I would have liked to see on the market. Half would be devoted to religion, and the other half to problems with atheism and secular society. But the book became too long so I divided it in two. 

This volume tackles religion, it's still over 500 pages, and it's the one that presented me with some Kafkaesque obstacles behind the scenes, which I wrote about here. The next volume, which I'm currently working on, will take on atheism and secular society. Both draw mainly from my Medium articles. 

****

And here, by way of odd celebration, is one of my bookshelves. See if you can spot some books on it that might have influenced my writings over the years.



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Is it just a coincidence that the Kindle version boasts 666 pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's certainly a coincidence. The main thing is that I wanted the book to be shorter than the first one, which was too heavy and unwieldy. But I think they're also using a little thinner paper, which is another thing I wanted.

      Delete
  2. Was nice to see the manuscript got published and not just tubed to one incompetents desk after another. I very happily purchased both formats, look forward to the 2nd part. The accidental numbering was funny on Kindle, I wasn't sure that was your sense of humor.

    Neat to see your shelf as well, many classics some of which I share, so many obvious resources (Mumford, etc). I see your a man who attempts to classify his books to some extent rather than letting them live in chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No, I focused on producing the paperback version and then just added anchor points for the Kindle one. There's no way I would have tailored the paperback to come out with 666 pages in the digital copy. I find that the page count isn't even so relevant in a digital book. But it does make for an amusing coincidence here. Or perhaps I'm being guided by...Satan!?

      That's one of my bookshelves. I've got several others, and I do like organizing them so I remember where the books are. I've also got sixty or so more recent books in stacks on the floor that don't currently fit anywhere else. So there's a little chaos too.

      Delete
  3. U da man 👍 Congrats, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete